Tuesday, June 5, 2018

No More Comin' Round That Mountain

So, I'm learning to celebrate the small victories along the way and so should you. My small victory...



I'm at 34 minutes and 2.262 miles!!!!! What? Yep! Ya girl on her way to 5k. 

Though I wasn't planning on celebrating until I got there, I watched, 'Enjoying Everyday Life' this morning and Joyce Meyer said we needed to do so because this is why people are so salty. They're salty because they don't take the time to set goals and enjoy their small victories along the way; so they watch, hate and shade those that do. No, she didn't say it like that, but that's what I got out of it. Though I was never a hater, I will celebrate this small, yet monumentous  milestone. #nopunintended 

Wanting to Prepare 

I've been wanting to PREPARE to run a 5k for over twenty years. Notice I said wanting. I know that sounds bad, but its the truth. My weight has fluctuated so much that I'd only get so far, quit, gain the weight back, not work out for a while, work out, get so far, quit, gain the weight back and go round and round the 5k mountain for almost 20 years. Almost half the time the children of Israel kept circling their mountain due to disobedience and unbelief. Much like them, I too have been disobedient and circling this 5k mountain but...ya girl about to get loose. Yep! Less than three laps to go and I'm there! No more 'comin' round that mountain here she comes for me!

What's Your Mountain?

Whatever it is, take it slow and get it out the way. Yeah, it took me 27 days to add one minute to my jog.  But that minute is saving me years of not having to go around the 5k mountain again. Whatever you need to do to get past yours, do a little something every now and then. No, I don't jog everyday. In fact, the most I usually jog up to 2-4 times a week. But I keep my pace (4.0) and add a minute every few weeks. Try it! I'm telling you it works. You don't have to go at everybody else's speed. Do what comes naturally to your body type and weight; no matter how slow and awkward you feel...do you and know that I'm cheering for you every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment