Monday, May 21, 2018

Plus Sized Billboard Music Awards

Last night I watched the Billboard Music Awards and I must say, I was impressed. Not with the performers because to be honest, the majority weren't what I expected. I must say though, that dat gum J-Lo did her thing and Ms. Jackson didn't have to do anything but show up. Aside from all that, what I was most impressed with is the audaciousness of their presenting committee. I don't know if they even have a committee that votes on its presenters, but whoever was in charge, kudos to you because I have N-E-V-E-R seen thick girls represented on prime time national television like that before. When I saw, Chrissy Metz from the hit television drama, 'This Is Us', come through that tunnel givin' it to us with that black little number, I was like 'Kill 'em with the shoulders ma'am.' 

Photo Credit: Make a Gif
What shocked me the most is that she stood there like she belonged there and you know what; she does. In fact, we all do! Usually in those situations you can tell that the person is a little uncomfortable, but not Ms. Chrissy! She literally graced the stage and was unashamed. And why should she be? She gave me all the inspiration I needed for the night.

Photo Credit: Getty Images
And when actress Rebel Wilson prounced down the walkway wearing her royal goodies...baby I was done! She owned that dress and rightfully so. She was stunning and unapologetic. #literally Singer Kelly Clarkson even had a few sprinkled as her background singers.

Photo Credit: JustJared.com
Ultimately, last night was a good night for plus sized women.Though I came for the music, I stayed for the plus sized fashions. Last night did me good. Though I'm still trying to lose weight, I have no problems about all this thick goodness. Those women displayed courage, boldness, and so-what-ness in the face of music industry mini's. No shade, but can a thick girl get some grade-A camera time too? Thank you to Ms. Chrissy and Ms. Rebel. Y'all just don't know...a sista sholl needed that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment